From a very young age I always thought about my future children and that I wanted them to have the best childhood possible that I could offer. That didn't mean that I would buy them everything in the stores. I always had the other things in mind. I wanted them to have parents that would do anything to make them feel safe, loved and appreciated. So when I was about 17 I got into Psychology and started reading a lot of books about parenting and children and so on. I still do to this day. When I was at BYU-Idaho (best school ever) I was an Education major. I was very interested in the Renassaince Approach to teaching children. To explain it in as few words as possible it means that the child will "tell" you what he or she is ready for and you go with that. So I looked into Montessori Schools which use that approach and I always wanted my kids to attend that school.
Now that Jakie is ready to go to school we looked at an International school and thought it would be nice for Jakob to learn german. After I saw the teacher I was not so excited about it anymore. Don't get me wrong I love my country and I am proud to be a german as much as I am proud to be an American now. But I just didn't like the way that german teacher came across. Just cold and somewhat distant. The reason why I love Americans so much is because they are nice and warmer and more tolerant! I have to say though MA is a bit different, sorry Brianne! :)
Anyway...so I don't want Jakie to go there anymore and we are looking at every private school here in Tucson. It's getting difficult to find the one that I feel good about. You all know me....picky and protective Mom :) That's me! And proud of it hahahahahahaha! Since our public school district is the worst in Arizona, Andreas said that he will make the sacrifices it takes to pay for our children's education! What a DAD!!! We are so blessed to have him!!!
Anyways....I will keep you all updated on what's going on with the search :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Good luck on the search...I know you will do what is best for your boys! You are lucky to have a great husband to make the sacrifices for the kids too.
Post a Comment