I am sorry that I don't have anything fun or entertaining on here today! I want to make everyone aware of how the morals and values (at least here in the USA) are going down and that we need to make a difference!
Everyone who knows me knows that I am against any physical punishment whatsoever. I have to admit that once I lost it as well and smacked Jakob....never again do I want to feel that shame that I felt that day for losing it. But that's not the story I wanna tell.
Few days ago I witnessed a mom strangling her child in a store and the boy crying and saying "Mommy you are strangling me". She shushed him and didn't want anyone to hear what he had to say. Well you all know me I couldn't just go by and say nothing which everyone else chose to do. I stood there saw those tears and then the laughs of his little brother. I turned to the little brother and said that he shouldn't laugh but comfort his brother. Everyone looked at me as if I was crazy. They probably thought...None of your business lady! But it IS! It is everyone's business when a child gets treated like that....be it your own or not!
Today at church, while sitting outside with Jakie, I witnessed something that made me cry! There was a mexican family who was investigating the church (I assume, because they had tatoos all over and were dressed inappropriately). A pregnant young woman calls for her son ( maybe 6 years of age) and he doesn't respond. He is looking into a box where the other kids had thrown orange peels into. He shows her the peel and makes her known that he will throw it into the garbage. On his way back she pulls him by the shirt, smacks him hard on the head, pushes him to the floor and kicks his other leg to straighten. I was in shock!!! While the others of the family sat there and said "You better listen to her" that little boy is pushed and kicked around! And she is pregnant!!! I sat there gave her dirty looks and then said "He was just trying to help by putting the peel into the trash!" I couldn't hold it in any longer and started crying....I cried the whole way home!
Through all these experiences and sad sad things that happen to children I have thought about the profession I really wanna go into...I want to do more! I want to go to Law School and become a lawyer for CPS so I can make a difference and help children that are being treated badly! The morals and values are sinking deeper and deeper and I can't stand by and watch this anymore.
Many of you know how sensitive and intolerant I am when it comes to children and any kind of abuse....Children need more people that will speak up and for them and I want be one of those!! Andreas first thought I was just joking but he realized quickly that I mean business. I have his full support and I know that it won't be easy but I sure as heck will do everything it takes to protect all the children of our Heavenly Father and not just the ones he intrusted me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow...that's unbelievable that people would treat their children like that! Good for you for speaking up for them...and for wanting to help them out!
Post a Comment