Sunday, September 7, 2008

Growth Spurt

Today is sunday and we went to church and during sacrament meeting Jakie acted very tired and just not himself. He started crying and asking if he could go home and lie down in his bed. Well I went outside with him and we sat there and I could feel his forehead getting hotter. So we went home and he was burning up. So I gave him fever reducer and he plopped into "mommy and daddy's" bed and slept there for an hour. I was sitting here thinking what it could be. Then it dawned on me "My little boy is growing!!! He complained about his body aching and his legs have been hurting him as well. Everyone who knows Jakob well knows that he doesn't lie still for even one minute but today he is just lying there, eating his comfort food (popcorn...his favourite) and watching Mulan (one of his favourite movies). Ceddie wants to lie next to Jakie but Jakie is in so much pain that he just wants to be left alone. What a day it has been. So in a few days I will have an even taller Jakie! Time flies and have to say I am excited for my boys to grow and turn into young men :)

No comments: